Online Billing (3rd party billing)
The PK Software Online Billing service was designed to allow your pharmacy to
bill 3rd party claims through The Compounder Rx software according to the
current NCPDP standard.
When integrated with The Compounder Rx, you will be able to bill prescriptions to
third party insurances using the Internet. The system also keeps track of what was
billed in a detailed reconciliation file. There are several reconciliation reports
that you may print or export to Excel that will help you manage the reconciliation.
- The D.0 billing screen is simple and easy to use.
- The system uses NCPDP version D.0 (older versions: 5.1, 3.2, 3.A, 3.B, 3.C, 4.0 are still
available but not commonly used.) The user can define which segments are sent to
the insurance company.
- You can download insurance plans from our web servers. This makes it very quick to add a new insurance. You can
search for an insurance by: Name (full or partial), BIN, Processor Control number
and other common items. (You must have a current support contract to access this
- The only insurance, that we are aware of, that we are unable to bill to is
California Medicaid (MediCal). If we have enough users requesting the ability to
bill to California Medicaid, then we will reconsider the certification process.
- We integrate with RSI to adjudicate claims in seconds.
- The system is certified for billing D.0 Medicare claims online! A third-party processor, such as
is required to complete claim transactions.
- You may use the system to transmit claims to various workers compensation plans.
Connect to the insurance through the internet for fast claims!
Retail Solutions, Inc.
The RSI client application authenticates a positive connection to their servers
located in Fort Worth, Texas. Once the authentication is complete, their server application
sends a message to the client. This double checks the authentication. When a pharmacy
claim is sent to their client, the claim is encrypted (HIPAA approved) and then
sent to their servers. They then send the claim onto the payer who promptly returns
a response that they relay onto the originating pharmacy.
Visit RSI site
Download RSI contract
Third party switching company
Emdeon is the third-party claims switching service that works in conjunction with RSI to adjudicate claims.
One Century Place
26 Century Blvd., Suite 601
Nashville, Tennessee 37214
Telephone: (615) 885-3700, 1-888-869-4369.
Business Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Central
Monday through Friday.